Thursday, July 5, 2012

Cold in Alaska for the Fourth of July!  Today was a relaxing day.  I made chocolate cookies that had chocolate, walnuts and pecans.  I think the cookie was just a vessel for the goodies.   They taste much like brownies.  A trip to a friends and we dug some iris and trollius for the flower garden. 

I finished hand quilting one of my fall class samples.  The binding has been machine stitched so now a little handwork and it is complete.  Samples and pictures are due on July 20.  I'll be teaching beginning quilting in October, scrap fun in November, and hand quilting in December. 

My summertime mum quilt will be hanging this summer in the church and will come down for entry in the September Anchorage Log Cabin Quilter's Show. After its hanging, I will take a full picture and post. This is the large free hand quilted with white perle cotton. The Baptist fans give lots of movement to what seems a simple but colorful quilt.

In the meantime, I had forgotten we made pictures of the "mad quilter" .  The background is one of my early quilts.  My first sampler and first real size quilt.  It comes out every Christmas and even hung at the church a few years ago.   The mad quilter on the other hand is modeled after German Christmas ornaments and will hang our Christmas tree this year.  Elizabeth made the glasses, Dan turned the body parts on the lathe........



Happy day after the Fourth of July! 

No comments:

Post a Comment