Saturday, June 30, 2012

Thrift Shop Crazy Eight

I like the way the reds and yellows pop in this quilt.  The fabrics from this quilt came primarily from Bishop's Attic in Anchorage.  Fat quarters and half yard pieces with a date range of at least the 1980's for the blue and purple stripe, 1990's for the Alexander Henry primary colored jungle print.  I'm guessing the remaining fabrics were from the 21st century.  The green/black check was a favorite.  I always like fabrics that make  your eyes work and I actually got a large piece , 2 1/2 yards for only $2.50.  I thought of using it to back the quilt but my friends thought it was too busy so I used the remainders of the quilt patches from the front and pieced the back with a black fabric with primary colored polka dots.   I'll use this for a sample in my beginning quilt class to demonstrate hanging diamonds for machine quilting. 
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Good that you're back blogging.
    http://i.imgur.com/n50nN.jpg

    ReplyDelete