Sunday, October 9, 2011

Chopped, confetti salad

So my salad was not quite as good as Yak and Yeti's but was not bad.  Chopped cauliflower, swiss chard stems, red cabbage, peas, carrots, cucumbers with a garlic ginger dressing....I liked the colors and it was pretty like a crumb quilt.  I have to conquer the camera still but , I'm figuring out how to upload the pictures. 

This week is the last class of my evening beginning quiltmaking class.  I'm making the blocks along with the students using some mint green, pale turquoise, lime green and a little gray and brown....I'm thinking of setting the blocks very modern with lots of white negative space.   My Saturday class is halfway through and is a little smaller.   All three students are doing well.  One is doing a batik sampler, another black and white and the third various shade of green. 

In early November, I start my last class for this fall.  It is full with two people on the waiting list. 
Posted by PicasaThe difference in this class besides an extra block is that there is curved piecing, more complicating piecing of multiple sizes triangles , rectangles and squares plus the whole quilt is set on point.  I made the sample a couple of years ago so I need to pull my books and draft the directions.   I love the orange print in this quilt .... the bright daisies were pretty festive, too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment