Monday, September 19, 2011

Teal Surrounded

Two more borders to quilt!! This quilt is coming along....it is pieced from scraps of Kona solids with a border of green.  Outline quilted with perle cotton and quilted with green interlocking triangles on the border. Everything is freehand and this time I am not using a hoop.   The stitching is done in matching colors but more dramatic on the sable brown back.  Should have taken picture of the back. I can't decide whether to frame with a brown binding or more green. 

Quiltmaking 101 starts on Wednesday and it is a full class of 8 students!  Need to find my directions and update with any corrections .... first night is always fun , talking about fabric choices , showing some quilt samples and talking about tools that make quilting fun.  Shouldn't take long to get into the rhythm but it was nice not to teach this past summer. Everyone deserves a break.

Taking a week off was nice but of course, I didn't get nearly as much done as I wanted.  But I have 8 new flourescent light bulbs in my sewing room, a pile of stuff  folded and a new bulb in my Ott Light.....I can see again.  The Miata is detailed although I still need to mend the seat and get the oil changed but it is washed and waxed!!  Maggie's stairs are finished.    And I saw two good movies, The Help  and Contagion.....a shopping trip to Kohl's on the other side of town and now I have new work slacks....if only I had gotten around to hemming!!!

1 comment: